What You Will Learn
- 1 What is Reinforcement Learning?
- 2 Some important terms used in Reinforcement AI:
- 3 Application of Reinforcement Learning:
- 4 Reinforcement Learning Algorithms:
- 5 Characteristics of Reinforcement Learning
- 6 Types of Reinforcement Learning:
- 7 Pros of Reinforcement Learning
- 8 Cons of Reinforcement Learning
What is Reinforcement Learning?
Reinforcement Learning is defined as the process of machine learning related to how software agents should take action in the environment. Reinforcement Learning is a part of a deep learning process that helps you maximize your share of the reward.
Some important terms used in Reinforcement AI:
Agent: It is an assumed entity that acts to get some reward in an environment.
Environment: A scenario that the agent has to face.
Reward: Refunds are given immediately when an agent performs a specific task.
State: The state refers to the current situation refund from the environment.
Policy: This is a strategy applied by the current agent to decide the next course of action based on the current situation.
Value: Compared to short-term rewards, long-term returns with discounts are expected.
Application of Reinforcement Learning:
- Applications in self-driving cars
- Industry automation with Reinforcement Learning
- trading and finance
- Natural language processing
- News Recommendation
Reinforcement Learning Algorithms:
There are three approaches:
In Value-Based methods, you should try to maximize the value function V(s). In this procedure, the agent expects long-term return existing states under the policy.
In the Policy-Based RL method, you try to come up with a policy that takes action in each state to help you maximize rewards in the future.
In this method, you need to create a virtual model for each environment. The agent learns to perform in this particular environment.
Characteristics of Reinforcement Learning
Here are the important characteristics:
- There is no supervisor, just an indication of the actual number or reward
- Sequential decision-making
- Time plays an important role in Reinforcement problems
- Comments are always delayed, not immediate
- The agent’s actions determine the resulting data
Types of Reinforcement Learning:
There are two types of it:
It is described as an event, which occurs due to certain behaviors. It increases the strength and frequency of behaviors and has a positive effect on the action taken by the agent.
Negative Reinforcement is defined as the strengthening of the behavior that occurs due to a negative condition or should be stopped. It helps you define a minimum performance. The downside of this method. However, is that it provides enough to meet the minimum requirements.
Pros of Reinforcement Learning
- The model can eliminate errors that occur during the training process.
- Once an error has been corrected by the model, the chances of that error is greatly reduced.
- It can create the best model for solving a particular problem.
- Robots can implement reinforcement learning algorithms to learn how to walk.
- In the absence of a training dataset, he is bound to learn from his experience.
Cons of Reinforcement Learning
- As a framework is wrong in many ways, but that’s exactly what makes it useful.
- Sometimes it can put a heavy burden on states, which can reduce the consequences.
- It is better not to use RL to solve common problems.
- RL to help requires a lot of data and a lot of calculations.
- It assumes that the world is a Marquis, which is not the case.
You may also like to read: How is AI used in our daily lives?