Cloud technology is booming and it will play a pivotal role in powering other trends such as a the mass-market adoption of VR. A recent report dissects some of the current trends in the cloud computing market and digests them in the handy infographic below.
Some key findings include:
- SMEs are currently more likely to implement cloud solutions than larger ones, and this trend is set to continue for the next 3 years
- Companies from Asia and Europe expected to invest more heavily in cloud solutions
- Tech and finance companies have higher projected rates of cloud adoption, ranging from 72% to 83%
- Businesses believe cloud technology adoption translates into greater efficiency, cost savings and improved organisation performance as well as increased team collaboration.
- Companies still view the lack of physical control as a barrier to cloud adoption, in addition to factors such as regulatory compliance
The State of Cloud Technology 2017 Report fromSaasGenius
To find out how to leverage VR/AR/MR in your enterprise, Tech Trends offers bespoke Virtual Reality Consultancy support
Alice Bonasio is a VR Consultant and Tech Trends’ Editor in Chief. She also regularly writes for Fast Company, Ars Technica, Quartz, Wired and others. Connect with her on LinkedIn and follow @alicebonasio and @techtrends_tech on Twitter.